Pune, Jan. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The ASEAN Metal–Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor (MOSFET) market size is projected to reach USD 377.6 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period. A strong electronics industry in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) will be the primary force of growth for this market, postulates Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “Metal–Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor (MOSFET) Market Size, Share & Covid-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Depletion Mode, and Enhancement Mode), By Power Rate (High Power, Medium Power, and Low Power), By Application (Networking & Communications, Data Processing, Energy & Power, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, and Others) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027”.
Click here to get the short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on this market.
According to the ASEAN’s investment promotion platform, invest in ASEAN, over 80% of the hard drives supplied globally are produced in ASEAN. Thailand is home to some of the largest electronics assembly bases in the Southeast Asia, housing more than 2,300 companies and employing over 400,000 workers. In Malaysia, there are more than 1,695 electronics manufacturing companies with an investment of approximately USD 35.5 billion. Moreover, the Malaysian electronics industry has been investing heavily in research & development, augmenting the country’s global position. The robust operations of the electronics industry in the ASEAN region are, thus, favoring the production and adoption of metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistors.
As per the report, the estimated value of the global market in 2019 was USD 235.2 million. The salient features of the report include:
- Exhaustive analysis of all the factors driving and restraining the market;
- In-depth diagnosis of the various market segments;
- Microscopic study of the regional developments shaping the market; and
- Actionable research into the competitive landscape of the market.
Disruptions in Trade Activities amid COVID-19 to Prove Harmful for the Market
The sudden outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to impose lockdown and social distancing measures and restrict trade activities. Across the ASEAN region, too, countries suspended manufacturing and transport activities to contain the spread of the virus. In the Philippines, for instance, Murata and Samsung Electronics halted production of micro lead-frame chip carriers (MLCC), which impacted the high-end MLCC markets for smartphones and automobiles, as the country is an important base for Japanese and Korean electronics giants. Similarly, in Malaysia, resistor production took a hit in the early stages of the pandemic as companies such as Huaxin Technology shut down production operations for a few weeks. The ASEAN MOSFET market growth will inevitably impacted by these developments triggered by the coronavirus pandemic, but will recover steadily as governments and private sector companies actively attempt to restore the regional economy to its original growth trajectory.
Vietnam to Have a Firm Grasp on Market Share; Singapore to Show Promising Growth
Vietnam is expected to lead the ASEAN metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor market share on account of the prolific growth of the country’s power electronics industry in the past few years. In 2019, the country’s market size was USD 37.7 million and it is anticipated to register a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period. Singapore is also expected to showcase promising growth in the coming years owing to the rapid expansion of the country’s electronics industry and favorable business climate. Moreover, the country has a healthy proportion of skilled workers, which has attracted large players in the electronics sector to invest in Singapore.
Portfolio Expansion to be Mainstay Growth Strategy for Key Players
The major competitors in this market are making massive investments in R&D to expand their existing portfolios to widen their customer base in the speedily developing electronics industry in ASEAN countries. The regional players are also witnessing increasing competition from foreign companies that are looking to strengthen their presence in Southeast Asia.
- October 2020: Toshiba Electronic Devices announced the launch of a 1200V silicon carbide MOSFET for all kinds of industrial applications. Developed using Toshiba’s 2nd generation chip design, the MOSFET offers high voltage resistance, low On-resistance, and high-speed switching.
- June 2020: Renesas Electronics released a pair of novel 100V half-bridge MOSFET drivers, HIP2210 and HIP2211. The HIP2210 features a tri-level PWM input for efficient power supply, while the HIP2211 is designed as a next-gen upgrade to Renesas’ ISL2111 bridge driver.
List of Key Companies Profiled in the ASEAN Metal-Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor Market Report:
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan)
- Renesas Electronics Corporation (Tokyo, Japan)
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Tokyo, Japan)
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (Pennsylvania, United States)
- STMicroelectronics (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Diodes Incorporated (Texas, United States)
- Texas Instruments Incorporated (Texas, United States)
- TOSHIBA CORPORATION (Tokyo, Japan)
- ON Semiconductor Corporation (Arizona, United States)
- Infineon Technologies AG (Neubiberg, Germany)
Quick Buy- ASEAN Metal-Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor Market: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/checkout-page/104558
Major Table of Content:
- Definition, By Segment
- Research Approach
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Macro and Micro Economic Indicators
- Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Trends
- Impact of COVID-19
- Short-term Impact
- Long-term Impact
- Competition Landscape
- Business Strategies Adopted by Key Players
- Consolidated SWOT Analysis of Key Players
- PESTLE Analysis
- Porter’s Five Force Analysis
- ASEAN Metal–Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor (MOSFET) Market Share Analysis and Matrix, 2019
- Key Market Insights and Strategic Recommendations
- Profiles of Key Players (Would be provided for 10 players only)
- Key Management
- Headquarters etc.
- Offerings/Business Segments
- Key Details (Key details are subjected to data availability in public domain and/or on paid databases)
- Employee Size
- Key Financials
- Past and Current Revenue
- Gross Margin
- Geographical Share
- Business Segment Share
Have a Look at Related Research Insights:
Forklift Trucks Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (Class I, Class II, Class III, Class IV, Class V), By Application (Mining, Logistics, Construction, Food & Beverage, Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Others (Agriculture, etc.)) and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026
Dump Trucks Market Size, Share and Industry Analysis By Type (Articulated, Rigid), By End Use Application (Mining, Construction, Waste Management, Others) and Regional Forecast 2019-2026
Cranes Market Size, Share and Industry Analysis By Product Type (Mobile, Fixed, Marine), By End-User Industry (Construction, Mining, Industrial, Oil & Gas, Others) and Regional Forecast 2019-2026
Construction Equipment Market Size, Share and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Equipment Type (Earthmoving Equipment, Material Handling Equipment & Cranes, Concrete Equipment, Road Building Equipment, Civil Engineering Equipment, Crushing and Screening Equipment and Other Equipment), By Application (Residential, Commercial & Industrial) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights™, we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We therefore offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune - 411045, Maharashtra, India.
Fortune Business Insights™
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs
Read Press Release https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/press-release/asean-metal-oxide-semiconductor-field-effect-transistor-market-10415