SCHEDULE 14A INFORMATION
Proxy Statement Pursuant to Section 14(a) of the
Securities Exchange Act of 1934
|☑ Filed by the Registrant||☐ Filed by a party other than the Registrant|
Check the appropriate box:
|Preliminary Proxy Statement|
|CONFIDENTIAL, FOR USE OF THE COMMISSION ONLY (AS PERMITTED BY RULE 14a-6(e)(2))|
|Definitive Proxy Statement|
|Definitive Additional Materials|
|Soliciting Material Pursuant to §240.14a-12|
Vulcan Materials Company
(Name of Registrant as Specified in Its Charter)
(Name of Person(s) Filing Proxy Statement, if other than the Registrant)
Payment of filing fee (Check the appropriate box):
|☑||No fee required.|
|☐||Fee computed on table below per Exchange Act Rules 14a-6(I)(1) and 0-11.|
(1) Title of each class of securities to which transaction applies:
(2) Aggregate number of securities to which transaction applies:
(3) Per unit price or other underlying value of transaction computed pursuant to Exchange Act Rule 0-11 (set forth the amount on which the filing fee is calculated and state how it was determined):
(4) Proposed maximum aggregate value of transaction:
(5) Total fee paid:
|☐||Fee paid previously with preliminary materials:|
|☐||Check box if any part of the fee is offset as provided by Exchange Act Rule 240.0-11 and identify the filing for which the offsetting fee was paid previously. Identify the previous filing by registration statement number, or the Form or Schedule and the date of its filing.|
(1) Amount Previously Paid:
(2) Form, Schedule or Registration Statement No.:
(3) Filing Party:
(4) Date Filed:
*** Exercise Your Right to Vote ***
Important Notice Regarding the Availability of Proxy Materials for the
Shareholder Meeting to Be Held on May 12, 2017.
Before You Vote
How to Access the Proxy Materials
Proxy Materials Available to VIEW or RECEIVE:
NOTICE AND PROXY STATEMENT ANNUAL REPORT
How to View Online:
Have the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow (located on the following page) and visit: www.proxyvote.com.
How to Request and Receive a PAPER or E-MAIL Copy:
If you want to receive a paper or e-mail copy of these documents, you must request one. There is NO charge for requesting a copy. Please choose one of the following methods to make your request:
|1) BY INTERNET:||www.proxyvote.com|
|2) BY TELEPHONE:||1-800-579-1639|
|3) BY E-MAIL*:||email@example.com|
* If requesting materials by e-mail, please send a blank e-mail with the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow (located on the following page) in the subject line.
Requests, instructions and other inquiries sent to this e-mail address will NOT be forwarded to your investment advisor. Please make the request as instructed above on or before April 28, 2017 to facilitate timely delivery.
How To Vote
Please Choose One of the Following Voting Methods
Vote In Person: Many shareholder meetings have attendance requirements including, but not limited to, the possession of an attendance ticket issued by the entity holding the meeting. Please check the meeting materials for any special requirements for meeting attendance. At the meeting, you will need to request a ballot to vote these shares.
Vote By Internet: To vote now by Internet, go to www.proxyvote.com. Have the information that is printed in the box marked by the arrow (located on the following page) available and follow the instructions.
Vote By Mail: You can vote by mail by requesting a paper copy of the materials, which will include a proxy card.
The Board of Directors recommends you vote FOR
the director nominees listed in proposal 1.
1. Election of Directors
1a. O. B. Grayson Hall, Jr.
1b. James T. Prokopanko
1c. David P. Steiner
1d. Kathleen Wilson-Thompson
The Board of Directors recommends you vote FOR proposal 2.
2. Approval, on an advisory basis, of the compensation of our named executive officers.
The Board of Directors recommends you vote for 1 YEAR on proposal 3.
3. Advisory vote on the frequency of future advisory votes on executive compensation.
The Board of Directors recommends you vote FOR proposal 4.
4. Ratification of the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as our independent registered public accounting firm for 2017.
NOTE: Such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.