Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the #1 AI CRM, has been recognized as a Leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant™ for Sales Force Automation Platforms for the 17th consecutive year.
Significance: Powered by trusted AI and data, Salesforce’s Sales Cloud delivers millions of AI-powered sales recommendations and insights to companies of all sizes across industries, helping them close deals and drive revenue faster.
Driving the news: According to Gartner, “Gartner Magic Quadrants offer visual snapshots, in-depth analyses, and actionable advice that provide insight into a market’s direction, maturity, and participants. Magic Quadrants compare vendors based on Gartner’s standard criteria and methodology. Each report comes with a Magic Quadrant graphic that depicts a market using a two-dimensional matrix that evaluates vendors based on their Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.”1
Gartner defined SFA in the report as, “Sales force automation platforms are tools that natively support (not via third-party add-ons and solutions) automation and capture of sales activities, processes and administrative responsibilities for organizations’ sales professionals.”
In this year’s Magic Quadrant report:
- Salesforce is recognized as a Leader based on Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision.
- Salesforce placed highest among all vendors on the Ability to Execute axis.
The Salesforce perspective: “We believe 17 consecutive years recognized as a Leader by Gartner is a testament to our continued focus on empowering customers to drive sales growth using the latest technologies,” said Ketan Karkhanis, EVP & General Manager, Sales Cloud. “Salesforce is once again disrupting and setting a new vision for the SFA market with AI-powered sales tools. We expect Sales Cloud will continue to lead by focusing on AI integrations that streamline the seller experience so they can spend more time connecting with customers and making sales, and less time on mundane tasks.”
The customer perspective: Gartner Peer Insights™ is a public platform that offers verified, first-hand reviews of enterprise software and services from experienced IT professionals.
- "We have been a Salesforce client for 14 years. Our entire business depends on Salesforce, and the Sales organization would not be as successful without it." (See full review here.)
About Sales Cloud
- Sales Cloud brings sales professionals real-time customer data, AI-powered insights, forecasting, lead generation, and more all on a single platform and directly within the flow of work.
- Salesforce recently announced general availability of new AI-powered solutions for Sales Cloud, which embeds trusted generative AI in the flow of work by auto-generating customer emails, call summaries, account research, and more.
- Read how customers have simplified their tech stack using Sales Cloud
- Learn how Ford used Sales Cloud to drive best-in-class sales experiences
- Read how Sales Cloud’s EVP & General Manager, Ketan Karkhanis, sees generative AI empowering small businesses to sell more efficiently
- Learn about the Salesblazer community, where sales professionals can learn new skills, make connections, and uncover career opportunities
- Download a complimentary copy of the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant™ for Sales Force Automation Platforms here
Salesforce empowers companies of every size and industry to connect with their customers through the power of data + AI + CRM + trust. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
1Gartner IT Glossary, "Magic Quadrant", 7 September 2023. https://www.gartner.com/en/information-technology/glossary/magic-quadrant
Gartner, Magic Quadrant™ for Sales Force Automation Platforms, Adnan Zijadic, Ilona Hansen, Steve Rietberg, Varun Agarwal, Guy Wood, 5 September, 2023
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, MAGIC QUADRANT and PEER INSIGHTS are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences with the vendors listed on the platform, should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.