Florida has become the go to state not only for retirees but for new generations of buyers and renters from the northeast to the west coast. However, if you are searching for a place to rent in this state, there is some troubling news for you. According to a recent rental study, a staggering increase of up to 29% in rental rates along with a growing shortfall in rental properties is putting pressure on would-be renters who would love to call the Sunshine State their home.
On June 6, the National Rent Study of the rental housing market found that 10 of the 14 most-overvalued rental markets in the country are in Florida. And according to a new study, the average renter in Florida needs to make at least six figures to avoid being rent burdened.
In addition to the rental crisis, the state has experienced a wave of property insurance companies exiting, leading to increased costs for homeowners and homebuyers. Additionally, persistent high inflation adds to their financial burdens, creating a grim outlook for housing affordability.
In the past year, four major insurers, including Farmers Insurance, have announced their departure from Florida. These companies cite the escalating risks posed by hurricanes and other extreme weather events, which have become more frequent and severe due to climate change. The exodus of insurance providers is causing concerns among industry experts, as it puts substantial pressure on homeowners and potential buyers who must now grapple with the limited availability of affordable insurance coverage.
Lawmakers have stepped in with a $711 million plan to build affordable housing, incentivizing new construction through tax breaks and offering interest-free loans to help Floridians afford down payments. However, renters looking for immediate relief will be left waiting for new units to be built, which can take years.
Fortunately, Cuentas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CUEN) is focused on tackling Florida’s housing dilemma with patented, high-tech, affordable, and weather-resistant building technology that can produce entire residential rental communities significantly faster and at a lower cost than traditional developments.
Establishing Leadership in a Market in Need
By strategically securing sites near urban zones and making innovative sustainable technologies available for construction and management, Cuentas is building momentum and reputation as a leader in the market. They are collaborating with select developers to build entire sustainable affordable housing communities in areas that have been hit hardest by the rental crisis. The company’s goal is to make housing more beautiful, more sustainable, and more cost efficient. Through this process, not only has time to market been dramatically reduced, but savings in core construction has been estimated to be reduced by as much as 30%. Cuentas wants to pass this savings on to the renter.
Cuentas is a tech driven company and has used its savvy to identify new technologies that are positively impacting what the company calls “socially responsible” construction. These are not boring, single rental buildings which can become a blight on the landscape. They are entire communities complete with a broad array of resident amenities and built using a high-tech sustainable method that is the first of its kind in the US. Earlier this year, Cuentas became the first company in the world to receive a 10 year supply agreement with Renco USA; working with Renco to bring their internationally-renowned technology to the US. This 10 year supply agreement helps to ensure that Cuentas and its development partners will have ample access to Renco’s cutting-edge MCFR (Mineral Composite Fiber Reinforced) system which creates interlocking, fiber reinforced, composite building blocks that can be connected in a variety of designs.
The material is more affordable than traditional building materials, eco-friendly, sustainable and hurricane proof up to Category 5, which is a major benefit for housing projects in Florida.
In addition to its pilot project, now nearing completion in Lakewood Village Florida, just north of Palm Beach, Cuentas is targeting properties for development across all of Florida. This includes the company’s recently announced sustainable community development initiatives in Tampa (360 units) and Ocala (400 units). The introduction of these new initiatives is expected to further expand the company’s impact, aiming to reach approximately 1,500 apartments in total before the end of the year with more to come in 2024. Cuentas’ commitment to providing sustainable and affordable communities demonstrates their dedication to addressing the pressing needs of what the company refers to as the underserved; individuals and families who have been left out of the traditional market.
In addition to the construction tech secured by Cuentas, these properties come with all the necessary permits and entitlements, providing a competitive advantage for rapid development, cost reduction, and expedited time to market.
Featured Image @ Unsplash
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Cuentas Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Cuentas Holdings Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) thirty eight thousand six hundred USD for 16 days (12 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Cuentas Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Cuentas Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Cuentas Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Cuentas Inc. intends to offer; (e) Cuentas Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Cuentas Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Cuentas Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Cuentas Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Cuentas Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Cuentas Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Cuentas Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Cuentas Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Cuentas Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Cuentas Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Cuentas Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Cuentas Inc.’s business operations (e) Cuentas Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Cuentas Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Cuentas Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Cuentas Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Cuentas Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Cuentas Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Cuentas Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed