NASDAQ Acquisition: $JUPW Acquires the Assets of Applied Biology Inc., a Leading Biotechnology Company Specializing in Hair and Skin Science: Jupiter Wellness, Inc. (NASDAQ: JUPW)
JUPW’s Applied Biology generated approximately $8 million in revenues and $3 million in EBITDA in 2021
– JUPW has been Featured on CNN, ABC, CBS, Bloomberg, Vogue & Forbes
– Developer of CBD Based Treatments for Multiple Skin Care Applications.
– New e-Commerce & Marketing Team with Experienced Industry Veterans.
– JW-300 Treatment Demonstrated Efficacy for Developing Burns (sunburn) in Clinical Trial.
– Acquisition of Ascent Clinical Research Adding $3 Million Annual Revenue Plus EBITDA Contribution.
– Exclusive Worldwide Rights to Patented Shark Repellent Technologies.
– Novel Cannabidiol Aspartame Combination Treatment Significantly Reduces ISGA Score in Atopic Dermatitis.
– Exclusive Worldwide Rights for Unique Formulas Addressing Jellyfish and Man O’ War Stings, Sea Lice, and Swimmer’s Itch with 4 Patents-Pending.
– Clinical Trial of JW-200 for the Treatment of Actinic Keratosis.
– $5.0 Million Share Buyback Program.
– JUPW purchases and retires 2,433,894 common shares, which reduces the Company’s outstanding common shares to 22,151,528, an approximate 10% reduction in shares outstanding
JUPW announces the acquisition of 100% of the assets of Applied Biology, Inc. a leading biotechnology company specializing in hair and skin science, for up to 4 million shares of Jupiter Wellness stock deliverable upon completion of certain milestones.
Applied Biology is a developer of breakthrough drugs and medical devices for the treatment of skin and hair disorders. Led by the foremost thought leaders in their fields, the company’s R&D pipeline of novel pharmaceuticals is focused on hair and skin conditions as well as women’s health and COVID-19. They have several products in development from pre-clinical to advanced stages. Applied Biology has provided clinical research, IP development, and regulatory services to healthcare companies worldwide through a global network of clinical sites to advance its proprietary therapies and products.
Before the acquisition, Jupiter Wellness and Applied Biology had well-established and ongoing collaborations including Jupiter Wellness’s exclusive license for Applied Biology’s Photocil(TM) psoriasis treatment in the United States, as well as Applied Biology serving as the clinical research organization for several of Jupiter Wellness’s proprietary cannabidiol dermatological treatment candidates.
– Expected to Accelerate Top and Bottom-line Growth: Jupiter Wellness expects Applied Biology’s financial performance to at once contribute to Jupiter Wellness’s financial results. With the potential of adding up to $8 million in revenues and $3 million in EBITDA on an annualized basis (based on 2021 unaudited financials)
– Acceleration and Expansion of Development Pipeline: The acquisition expands Jupiter Wellness’s pipeline to additional dermatology drugs in various stages of clinical and preclinical development. Applied Biology brings the following portfolio:
— Alopecia -pipeline for the treatment of traction alopecia, androgenetic alopecia, and chemotherapy-induced alopecia.
— Psoriasis -A topical treatment for psoriasis to be launched in late 2022.
— Women’s Health – A novel treatment for female sexual dysfunction in the clinical stage was recently granted 2 patents
– Adds Exceptional Clinical, Regulatory Expertise, and Human Capital: Led by Prof. Andy Goren, Applied Biology’s management team and medical board bring a deep expertise from concept through clinical development to commercialization, a key strategic asset for Jupiter with access to eight major dermatological hospitals around the world. Prof. Andy Goren will become Chief Medical Officer of Jupiter Wellness, and John McCoy PhD will become Vice-President of R&D.
– Commercialized Products:
— Photocil- Jupiter Wellness gains worldwide rights to patented Photocil, a novel topical treatment for psoriasis, vitiligo, pruritis, and atopic dermatitis. Jupiter Wellness had previously licensed the exclusive rights to market Photocil in the U.S. where it plans to launch the product in Q4 2022. With the acquisition, Jupiter Wellness now owns all rights to Photocil which is approved and commercialized in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
— Minoxidil Booster – Minoxidil Booster greatly improves the efficacy of minoxidil (from 30% to 60%+) by enhancing the generation of minoxidil sulfate, the active drug. Several licensing and distribution agreements for this product have been signed.
– Adds Robust IP Estate: Applied Biology’s IP portfolio includes 35 patent applications and three issued U.S. patents for:
— Photocil: Methods and Compositions for Administering a Specific Wavelength Phototherapy
— COVID-19 and Respiratory Infection Treatment: Systems, Methods, and Kits for Diagnostics and Treatment of Viral Respiratory Infection
— Women’s Health: Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction
“Jupiter Wellness has enjoyed a highly productive and long-term business relationship with Applied Biology and we are excited to welcome Prof. Andy Goren and his talented team to Jupiter. This highly synergistic asset purchase leverages Jupiter Wellness’s current clinical development pipeline and adds tremendous clinical, IP, and regulatory expertise, access to patients and clinical sites worldwide, and positions us with meaningful growing revenues and EBITDA,” said Jupiter Wellness CEO Brian John.
Jupiter Wellness, Inc. (NASDAQ: JUPW) is a leading developer of cannabidiol (CBD) based medical therapeutics and wellness products. The JUPW clinical pipeline of prescription CBD-enhanced skin care therapeutics address indications including eczema, burns, herpes cold sores, and skin cancer. JUPW generates revenues from a growing line of proprietary over-the-counter skincare products including its flagship CaniSun(TM) sunscreen and other wellness brands. JUPW has built a portfolio of award-winning wellness brands including CaniSun, fitCBD, Jack, Wellness CBD 1937, Black Belt CBD, and Felix Ambrosia, as well prescription therapeutics such as Photosil that have been featured in numerous media outlets including the Today Show, CNN, ABC, CBS, Animal Planet, AdWeek, Bloomberg, The Washington Post, Vogue, BuzzFeed, and Forbes. As JUPW continues to expand its clinically tested, science-backed wellness, over-the-counter, and prescription product pipeline, the new marketing team is set to drive revenues
– JUPW to Offer Clinical Research Services with Acquisition of Ascent Clinical Research: $3 Million Annual Revenue & EBITDA Contribution
On April 27th JUPW announced it has concluded an Asset Purchase Agreement with Ascent Clinical Research, Inc. through which it has acquired certain clinical assets including clinical trial research contracts worth $3 million in annual revenues for a purchase price of 5% royalties on future net revenues generated by the assets. This asset purchase agreement adds immediate revenues to JUPW in Q2 2022 and contributes positively towards EBITDA with no upfront cash or stock acquisition cost.
– JUPW Appoints E-Commerce & Marketing Team to Drive Sales of its Growing Portfolio of Proprietary Health and Wellness Brands
– JUPW to Launch CaniSun for Shark Defense Sunscreen with Patented Shark Repellents
On April 7th JUPW announced the upcoming launch of CaniSun for Shark Defense(TM), the latest addition to the Company’s reef-friendly sunscreen line. Through a licensing agreement with Shark Defense Technologies LLC, the leading researcher of chemical, electrochemical, and magnetic shark repellents, JUPW has the exclusive worldwide rights to patents, formulas, and production methods for shark repellent technologies for use in sun and skincare products.
– Novel Cannabidiol Aspartame Combination Treatment (JW-100) Significantly Reduces ISGA Score in Atopic Dermatitis: Results from a Randomized Double-Blinded Placebo-Controlled Interventional Study
On April 6th JUPW announced the publication of clinical study results to investigate the safety and efficacy of JW-100, its proprietary lotion formulation for the treatment of atopic dermatitis (eczema) in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, Vol. 21, Issue 4, April 2022, pp: 1647-1650.
– JUPW Launches NoStingz Jellyfish Protective Sunscreen Backed by Patent-Pending Formula in $13 B Sunscreen Market
On April 5th JUPW announced the launch of NoStingz, a proprietary line of sunscreen designed to protect against jellyfish and man o’ war stings, sea lice, and swimmer’s itch all while continuing to protect ocean lovers’ skin from UVA/UVB in a range of SPFs. JUPW has signed a license agreement with Shark Defense Technologies for the exclusive worldwide intellectual property rights to formulas and production methods for jellyfish protective compounds including 4 patents pending. The agreement includes future collaboration to develop and refine additional formulas.
For more on The JUPW NoStingz product or to purchase visit: https://canisun.com/shop/nostingz-your-barrier-of-protection-from-sun-sea/
– JUPW Completes Enrollment in Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial of JW-200 for the Treatment of Actinic Keratosis
On February 18th JUPW announced it has completed recruitment in its clinical trial of JW-200 for the treatment of actinic keratosis (AK), a common form of pre-cancerous growths that typically present as thick scaly lesions on sun exposed skin. If left untreated, up to 15.1% of patients with 10 or more AK lesions will develop keratinocyte carcinoma.
– JUPW Board Approval of $5.0 Million Share Buyback Program
On January 25th JUPW announced it its board of directors approved a $5.0 million share buyback program which expires on June 30, 2022. Under the Share Buyback Program, shares of JUPW common stock may be repurchased periodically in open market or privately negotiated transactions.
For additional information on Jupiter Wellness, Inc. (JUPW) visit www.jupiterwellnessinc.com.
Company Name: Jupiter Wellness, Inc.
Contact Person: Brian John, CEO
Country: United States
DISCLAIMER: CAP/FrontPageStocks/CorporateAds.com (CA) is a third-party publisher and news dissemination service provider. CAP/FPS/CA is NOT affiliated in any manner with any company mentioned herein. CAP/FPS/CA is a news dissemination solutions provider and is NOT a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses and may NOT sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. CAP/FPS/CA’s market updates, news alerts and corporate profiles are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. The material in this release is intended to be strictly informational and is NEVER to be construed or interpreted as research material. All readers are strongly urged to perform research and due diligence on their own and consult a licensed financial professional before considering any level of investing in stocks. All material included herein is republished content and details which were previously disseminated by the companies mentioned in this release or opinion of the writer. CAP/FPS/ CA is not liable for any investment decisions by its readers or subscribers. Investors are cautioned that they may lose all or a portion of their investment when investing in stocks. CAP/FPS/CA has been compensated $500 by a third party for dissemination of this article.
These news releases and postings may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Securities Litigation Reform Act. The statements reflect the Company’s current views with respect to future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Among others, these risks include the expectation that any of the companies mentioned herein will achieve significant sales, the failure to meet schedule or performance requirements of the companies’ contracts, the companies’ liquidity position, the companies’ ability to obtain new contracts, the emergence of competitors with greater financial resources and the impact of competitive pricing. In the light of these uncertainties, the forward-looking events referred to in this release might not occur.