India Online Tourist Visa is an electronic travel permit that allows citizens of eligible countries to visit India. The India Tourist e-Visa was launched in October 2014 to simplify the visa issuance process and attract more foreign visitors. The Indian Tourist Visa or e-Tourist Visa allows the holder to visit India for tourism purposes.
Types of e-Tourist Visas for India
One-month e-Tourist visa for India
Travellers can apply now for a one-month e-Tourist visa for India. The one-month e-Tourist visa is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival in India. It is a single-entry visa, the date of entry must be between the visa’s issue and expiry dates.
One-year e-Tourist visa for India
The one-year tourist visa for India is valid for 365 days from the visa issue date. It is valid for multiple entries of up to 90 days per stay. Nationals of Canada, Japan, the US, and the UK can stay for up to 180 days each time.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED INDIAN TOURISTS VISA
- A passport valid for 6 months from the date of arrival in India is required to obtain a tourist visa. Electronic visa applicants can upload a scanned copy of their passport electronically and will also be asked to give passport details when completing the form.
- Credit or debit card to pay the India online visa fee
- Current email address to receive the approved India Tourist e-Visa document
- A passport-style photo that meets all the India visa photo requirements must be supplied.
- Visitors should also be able to provide evidence of onward travel, which may be in the form of a return flight ticket.
The Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) or Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) is responsible for administering foreigner registration and immigration-related functions for visitors to India which includes visa extension. The services offered by the FRRO are available online for all foreigners.
Required documents for visa extension
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Latest Indian visa
- Recent Photograph of Applicant
- The passport should be valid for 6 months
- Proof of residency
- Medical certificate
- Registration Certificate or Residential Permit (RC/RP)
Transit Visa is issued for the sole purpose of allowing the holder to travel to India to reach their final destination. Most travellers require a visa for India even if they are transiting through India en route to an onward destination.
What are the requirements for applying for an India Transit Visa?
- A passport is valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages.
- Proof of availability of sufficient money to spend during the stay in India.
- Pay visa fee
- Two recent passport-size photo
- Duly filled Online Application Form with signatures.
- Evidence of onward travel to India - confirmed air ticket for onward/returned journey.
India transit visa validity
An approved transit visa to India is available as a single or double entry visa and is valid for entry into the country for 15 days from the date of issue. It allows a maximum stay of 3 days in India and is valid for transit only.
An IndianUrgent Visa (eVisa India for Urgent)is issued to foreigners who need to come to India due to a crisis. The visa is also known as IndianEmergency Visa. If you are living outside India and need to come to India for a crisis and urgent like the death of your family member or loved one, going to court for legal reason and your family member or loved one is suffering from real illness at that time you can have an urgent Apply for a tourist visa to come to India.
Requirements for applying for an emergency Indian visa
- A copy of your passport
- Your passport should have at least two blank pages and a copy of the first page
- You must provide a recent colour passport photo
India e-Visa Application Process
- Fill out the online form.
- Complete the online e-Visa application form with the accurate personal data and information that appears in your travel documents and other letters.
- Once you have successfully completed the online application form and submitted some documents, you will receive a visa application confirmation email along with an email asking you to provide additional documents. After you have paid for your e-Visa, you will receive an email confirmation of the payment of the visa fee from your bank. Please try to use a valid email address as the approved e-Visa document will be sent to the applicant's email address.
- The e-Visa is often ready for normal service within 1-3 days but can be processed faster with the expedited service option. In the event of a delay, it may help to update your email and check your spam folder.
Company Name: INDIAN EVISA
Contact Person: Kerry Thomas Caitlin
Email: Send Email
Phone: +81 3-5562-5050
Address:1 Chome-10-3-100 Roppongi
City: Minato City